TCDA Gym To Rock Bouldering at Zoolander
Thailand Climbing Development Association and Khon Kaen Climbing Club are co-hosting Gym To Rock Bouldering Workshops at Zoolander Bouldering Area in Khon Kaen Zoo. Zoolander climbing area is in the Khon Kaen Zoo which is about 1 hour driving from Khon Kaen town. TCDA team and post climbing dinner will be in Khon Kaen town.
- Intro skills - how to use crashpad, proper spotting technique, topout technique, route reading and climbing skills
- Outdoor Etiquettes - safety, environmental impact and sharing public space
- Guided session by Khon Kaen experienced boulderers
- Group of 4 climbers work together to tally the highest points to win prizes from sponsors
- Rules to be announced at the event
- Friendly challenge offers an opportunity to socialize and possible First Ascents!
- Guided bouldering for participants
- Mingle and boulder with experienced climbers and new friends
- Explore Zoolander different bouldering sectors
- Climbers may also choose to climb and explore the bouldering areas on their own
- Dinner together (participants pay for themselves)
- We will arrange a shuttle service between khon kaen town and the zoo on both days. Participants must book transportation with this form. Pick up and drop off at Kosa Hotel.
- Participants may also arrange their own van service or taxi. There are many options available in Khon Kaen.
- Participants can book their own accommodation.
- We recommend Kosa hotel because they have helped with Khon Kaen Climbing Club in the past.
- There are many options available.
- We do not provide any food or water. Participants must be responsible for their own supplies of food and water and other necessities such as mosquito repellent, medications, sunscreen, etc. Participants are expected to be prepared for spending a full day outdoor.
- Participants can use the zoo restroom during event.
- Deadline: January 19th, 2024
- Space limited. First come, first served. We only accept 30 people for the workshops.
500THB per person (non TCDA member)
- Include access to all workshops
- Does not include fee to enter zoo, hotel, water, food, drinks, insurance or transportation